Learn to prioritize patient care quickly and effectively! Conceptual Care Mapping: Case Studies for Improving Communication, Collaboration, and Care uses a ’two books in one’ approach to guide you through the most important aspects of patient care and critical thinking. The first section explores the title’s three C’s of care, communication, and collaboration within the healthcare team. The second section includes case studies that progress from simple clinical conditions to the more complex. Conceptual Care Mapping provides the tools you need tounderstand and implement effective patient care plans. With mapping practice both online and in the text, this unique book is the ideal resource for any first-year nursing student!
- Unique!Conceptual Care Mapping guides your care - using templates and an online, interactive conceptual care map creator - from the author team who developed this new method of organizing care information.
- Unique! 30 case studies focus on the patients you are most likely to see in clinical experience as a first-year student - and are organized from simple to complex, guiding you through prioritization and teaching you to think critically.
- Unique! Elsevier’s Conceptual Care Map (CCM) creator helps you create, update, manage, and submit care maps quickly and effectively.
- Unique! Answers and completed care maps are provided for selected cases to reinforce what you’ve learned.
- Unique! Improving Patient Care section not onlyprovides an overview of care mapping, but also focuses on three key elements of patient care: care, communication (both with other healthcare professionals and with patients), and collaboration.
- Unique! Interprofessional Education (IPE) and collaboration are key elements in all of the case studies, helping you understand how you will work within the larger healthcare team.
- Full-color design makes it easier to match up your online care mapping with content in the text.